Monday, December 7, 2009

Thought for Today

NO new pictures I really need to take some but just haven't been out and about much.
Several people have asked me about Television here. IT is kind of like watching a B rated movie. They do have several shows similar to the ones in the US, Big Brother Africa, Who wants to be a Millionair, and several other reality shows. They also show a few american shows. I saw Scrubs. It is pretty random when things are on. Soccer (AKA Football) is most watched. We watch them draw for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

IT is still hard to get use to the fact I am the only white person that I have seen since leaving the airport. Which also makes me a safety risk. Usually one of the guys have to go with me if I leave the house, for my safety. Dickson worries that I will get Robbed. Lagos is know for crimes. But it seems like people are getting use to seeing me around.

I am still having a hard time with the humidty. But I am sure in another month I will be use to it. IT is just so horrible when the electricity goes out during the day and there is no fans. You just end up being all wet and sticky! GROSS!!

3 comments:

Kelly Booth said...

I could not stand to be Hot...I feel for you...!!
Is is COLD here and snowed in several places in the bay area...really cold!!! Sounds like your adjusting...Do you have a sewing machine???

aja said...

did my comment come through yesterday. I know NOTHING about how to work this. If it didn't I was telling how interesting your blog is and I enjoyed to phots of everything and every one. Good luck on your new journey. Aja

Mary said...

If you will send and address I have a few items to send sure miss you Love Mary T